Our organic kale powder contains just one ingredient: Organic Freeze-Dried Kale. We start with organically grown kale leaves and dry them through a small-batch freeze-drying process. We then grind the entire vegetable into a fine powder.
- We strive to produce the world's highest quality organic kale powder.
- Freeze-Dried to retain the cellular structure and maximum amount of nutrition in each kale leaf.
- Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Whole-Food.
- Simple Process - Grown in the USA> Harvested > Washed > Frozen > Freeze-Dried > Powdered
- Great in Smoothies, Soups, Sauces, Baked Goods, Juices, & Nut Milks. 100% pure with no additives.
- 1 scoop of kale powder equivalent to 1 cup fresh organic kale.
- Each tub contains the equivalent of 30 cups of fresh organic kale.
Organic Freeze-Dried Kale Powder. Nothing else.
LEFT - Competitor's Organic Kale Powder. RIGHT - KOYAH's Organic Kale Powder.
OUR MISSION - The Worlds Highest Quality Fruit and Vegetable Products
Tips for evaluating the quality of a kale powder:
- Start with the color - Fresh kale leaves are dark green in color due to the high amounts of chlorophyll. A high quality kale powder should be vibrant green in color signaling that the chlorophyll molecule has not been broken down through the drying process. A powder that is pale in color has either been diluted with a filler or has been dried in a way that has broken down the chlorophyll molecule, in which case many of the other nutrients will have also been degraded. On the other end, if the powder is dark greenish/brownish, the powder has most likely been dried at a high temperature and was possibly burned during the drying process.
- Density - Fresh kale leaves are light and fluffy. A high quality kale powder should also be light and fluffy. If the powder is dense and heavy either a dense filler has been added to the powder, or the kale has been dried in a way that has broken down the cellular structure of the leaf in which case many of the nutrients will have also been destroyed (the picture above shows our kale powder which is light and fluffy, compared to the same weight of a competitor's kale powder which as you can see is much more dense).
- Taste and smell - While kale is not the most pleasant taste to most people, if your powder doesn't taste like kale, it has either had a filler added to it to dilute the taste, or the flavor molecules have been broken down through the drying process, in which case so have many of the other nutrients. A high quality powder should look, smell, and taste like kale.
- Other things to consider - Lastly, when evaluating the quality of a powder it is important to understand how and where the product was grown. Was it grown using Organic farming practices and is it certified USDA Organic? Was it grown in good quality USA soil, or was it grown in highly polluted areas (such as China where heavy metals such as lead can be a major concern).
|MADE IN THE USA|
|GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE|
|NUT & SOY FREE|
|NO ADDED SWEETENERS|