This photo shows the quality of KOYAH's Organic Freeze-dried Beet Powder compared to competitors beet powders.
You want to get the most out of what you eat, so we set out to create the world's highest quality beet powder. We start with organic beets grown right here in the USA. The whole root gets freeze-dried to lock in the maximum amount of nutrition, and is then ground into a powder. There are zero additives.
- Freeze-dried to retain the cellular structure and maximum amount of nutrition in each beet root.
- Simple Process - Grown in the USA > Harvested > Washed > Frozen > Freeze-Dried > Powdered
- Great in Smoothies, Soups, Sauces, Baked Goods, Juices, & Nut Milks.
- 1 scoop of powder is equivalent to 1/2 of a fresh beet. 30 scoops per tub.
- Tested for Nitrate Levels - See product photos for most recent result.
Tips for evaluating the quality of a beet powder:
- Start with the color - When it comes to beets, color is the best indicator of quality. The fresher the powder, the more deep and vibrant in color it should be. If it is more of a dull red or dark red, then it is a good indication that the betalains (the pigment in the beet that makes it red) have been broken down through the drying process or some sort of filler has been added which dilutes the color. We choose to use the freeze-drying method to dry our beets because it is the best way to maintain all of the nutrients from the fresh beet.
- Taste and smell - Beets are earthy in taste and smell. They are also naturally about 40-50% sugar so there should be somewhat of a sweet taste to them. If your beet powder doesn't taste like beets, it may have been diluted with a filler to minimize the "beet taste".
- Whole Beet vs Beet Juice Powder - At KOYAH we are all about whole fruits and vegetables and therefore our powder is made from whole freeze-dried beets (skin included). If you are looking for a beet juice powder with the fiber removed, we would recommend using a different product than ours.
- Other things to consider - Lastly, when evaluating the quality of a beet powder it is important to understand how and where the product was grown. Was it grown using Organic farming practices and is it certified USDA Organic? Was it grown in good quality soil, or was it grown in highly polluted areas (such as China where heavy metals such as lead can be a major concern). We only use beets that have been organically grown on USA farms to make our organic beet powder.
Organic Freeze-Dried Beet Powder (Grown in the USA). Nothing else.
|GROWN & MADE IN THE USA|
|GLUTEN & DAIRY FREE|
|NUT & SOY FREE|
|NO ADDED SWEETENERS|