"All you need is love....and some chocolate"
These brownies are delightful and simple to make. This recipe is another great way to get more veggies into your diet.
- 2 flax eggs (3 heaping Tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 scoop of KOYAH Kale powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour (we used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 2 handfuls of crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish. Any size will do. Line the dish with parchment paper.
- To prepare the flax eggs, in a small bowl mix 3 heaping tbsp flaxseed meal 4 tbsp water and let set.
- In a large mixing bowl add melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly to combine and start dissolving the coconut sugar.
- Add flax eggs and mix again until combined. Then add baking powder, kale powder, sea salt, cocoa powder, walnuts and then whisk again.
- Add gluten-free flour and tapioca. Blend together gently. Once everything is mixed, its ready.
- Add the batter to the prepared dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky. You can test this by sticking a knife or tooth pick in the center. If its wet on the knife give it a couple more minutes.
- Let sit for 45 minutes to an hour.
We love to see what you're fixing up with KOYAH. Please don't forget to tag us in your photos!