You've probably had dozens of different types of mashed potatoes. But these garlicky, cashew creamy, broccoli mashers are just what your insides have been asking for.
KOYAH broccoli powder
6-8 red potatoes
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
6-8 cloves roasted garlic
3-4 tbsp olive oil
Salt, pepper and chives to taste
Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of sea salt then cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until very tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, sauté garlic and olive oil. Also soak 1 cup cashews in water for 30 minutes.
- Once garlic is sautéed and cashews have soaked, drain most of the water out of the cashews and add to blender with nutritional yeast flakes. Blend until desired consistency.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain your potatoes and place them back in the hot pot off the heat for 1 minute to evaporate any additional water. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash your potatoes using potato masher.
- Then add your garlic cashew cream plus 2-4 scoops of KOYAH broccoli powder. (taste after 2 scoops and add more if you want more flavor)
- Mash again to mix in the flavor.
Lastly top with chives.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge covered for a couple of days.