You've probably had dozens of different types of mashed potatoes. But these garlicky, cashew creamy, broccoli mashers are just what your insides have been craving.
KOYAH broccoli powder
6-8 red potatoes
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
6-8 cloves roasted garlic
3-4 tbsp olive oil
Salt, pepper and chives to taste
Place potatoes in a large saucepan or pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of sea salt, then cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until very tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, sauté garlic and olive oil. Also, soak one cup cashews in water for 30 minutes.
- Once garlic is sautéed, and cashews have soaked, drain most of the water out of the cashews and add to blender with nutritional yeast flakes. Blend until desired consistency.
- Once the potatoes are tender, drain your potatoes and place them back in the hot pot off the heat for one minute to evaporate any additional water. Then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash your potatoes using a potato masher.
- Then add your garlic cashew cream plus 2-4 scoops of KOYAH broccoli powder. (taste after two scoops and add more if desired)
- Mash again to mix in the flavor.
- Lastly, top with chives.
This recipe serves four. Leftovers will keep in the fridge.